Transfer Students


One of the best ways to approach your education—academically, intellectually, and especially financially—is to transfer into a four-year institution like the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Transferring can add a level of complexity to an already complicated program of study. The transferring student will need to know about the transition, how course work and credit will translate, deadlines, financial aid, majors and certificates, and much more. Many students transfer into the UW intending on declaring the Political Science Major and they do very well, both academically and professionally after graduation. (When you are admitted to the College of Letters and Science, you are NOT admitted to any major. You must meet with the advisor for your intended major in order to find out the requirements for declaring the major. The political science major can be declared only after you begin attending classes at the UW-Madison.)

If you are in Madison we would be very happy to meet with you on your visit to campus. If you are outside of the area, we are also happy to meet with you over Skype. Inquire by email as to appointment availability.

Additional Resources